For detailed technical help about shortcodes & configuring WPLocalPlus, please visit Community Help
- What exactly is WP Local Plus?
WP Local Plus is an automated, WordPress plugin for creating content packed dynamic local business directories.
- Do I need to generate data that will be displayed by the plugin ?
No – you don’t need to create any data manually – that is the best part about this plugin. You can simply set it up for the city / place based on the data that you would like to display and it extracts the data accordingly..
- What if I realize this product is not what I am looking for ?
No worries at all. While we make every attempt to help you resolve any issues, you can always request a refund within 60 days of purchasing this plugin, no questions asked. .
- While working on MULTI SITE , when I create business listings I am getting an error -“There was an error in the MySQL query”
- I have installed WPLocalPlus and followed the setup tutorial too, but I see this message for all listings – “Sorry no results for given parameters”
Please check your PHP ini settings –
allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = On
If it still doesn’t work, please send a mail to support[at]wplocalplus[dot]com.
- How do I raise a ticket to customer support?
- Is the plugin impacted by Google Places changes?
- How many Shortcodes are there in WPLocalPlus US Edition ?
There are three Shortcodes in WPLocalPlus US Edition.
1) – [wplocalplus]
To display business listings on your wordpress page/post .
Same shortcode work’s for Offers, Reviews and Places.
2) – [allcity]
To display all US cities and categories on wordpress page/post.
3) – [wplocalplus_zipcode]
To create the search functionality on your site so that users can search listings according to their own requirement.
- How many Shortcodes are there in WPLocalPlus International Edition and Canada Edition?
- I am having trouble installing the plug in. Below is what it says:
Unpacking the package…
Installing the plugin…
The package could not be installed.No valid plugins were found.Plugin install failed.
The zip you have for the developer version has multiple plugins in it.Please unzip the file and upload the plugin which you want to use on the site. i.e. Either Canada or US version.
- Can I edit the results displayed by WPLocalPlus? Sometimes there are results that don’t match to the expected ones. Can I change the results manually?
WPLocalPlus automatically pulls the listings using Google APIs which in-turn gets displayed on the page. So there is no way to modify/delete these listings.
- What is the difference in the developers license and the international license?
With the developer license, the user can install or use the plugin on multiple sites. With an international license, the user can just install and use the plugin only on a single site. You can anytime upgrade your purchase to a developer license and your previous purchase for international license will be refunded. Please send a refund request for the international license once you purchase the developer license to support[at]wplocalplus[dot]com with the details of both the purchases.
- What if my city is not listed in cities when [allcity] code is being used .
No worries. We are always here to help you out. This can be done with little code customization. Mail us on support[at]wplocalplus[dot]com
- Can I use WPLocalPlus Plugin to create my own Directory instead of using your data?
Yes, Recently, We launched the new ‘Manual Business Listing’ feature in WPLocalPlus International Edition.
This will allow manual listings to be added apart from the automated listings.
So, you can put your own or customers business listings manually on your site.
Click Hereto check how to setup manual business listings.
- Does WPLocalPlus Plugin work fine with all WordPress Themes?
WPLocalPlus works well with almost all wordpress themes. But at times conflicts may arise between the theme and WPLocalPlus. In such a situation, please raise a query on support[at]wplocalplus[dot]com.
- How to add manual business listings?
Please follow below mentioned insturctions-
*On the backend of the page there is an option to create/add listings manually .
*Just fill the fields given in the form and Publish the page .
*Listings will appear in the front-end of the page.